Frequently Asked Questions
Below you’ll find answers to frequently asked questions, as well as our policies. Please quickly review this before visiting our farm.
Warwick Valley Winery & Distillery is open for tastings and bottle sales 362 days a year, 11am to 6pm. Our café is open Thursday – Sunday, 11am to 5pm (additional café hours are seasonally added). We have live music every weekend from 2pm to 5pm, and 12pm to 5pm on festival weekends. Apple season runs roughly from Labor Day weekend through Halloween.
Paid admission is ONLY required during apple season $5/per car and for festivals (ticket prices vary).
Outside Food, Beverages & Coolers
Outside food, beverages, and coolers are prohibited.
We do not allow pets on the premises. Trained certified service dogs are the only exception.
We do not accept reservations for tastings. If you are arriving with a group larger than 15 people, it is always a good idea to call ahead 845.258.4858.
Here are the tastings that we currently offer:
- Warwick Valley Wine Guided Tasting: 6 samples of our wines and a souvenir wine glass. $7
- Doc’s Cider Guided Tasting: 6 samples of Doc’s Cider and a souvenir pint glass. $6
- Spirits Guided Tasting: 4 spirits samples and a souvenir rocks glass. – $10
- Warwick Tasting Trio: Warwick Valley Wine, Doc’s Ciders, and our Spirits Tasting. – $20
- Cheese Tasting: 6 samples for cheese. $6 (offered seasonally)
Food can be ordered in person at the café or grill (open seasonally), or via our websites:
Please place food & drink orders as separate transactions if you would like your drinks first. You will receive a text message when your orders are ready for pickup.
Note: Our farm to table food is made to order, and pizzas take the longest to cook.
We have live music every weekend all year round from 2pm – 5pm. Please visit our Music & Events page for the musical schedule, or check out our social media pages.
Paid admission is ONLY required during apple season ($5/per car in September & October) and for festivals (ticket prices vary).
Guest Wi-Fi – WVWguest
Password – buymorewine
Drink responsibly & establish a designated driver. Children and dogs walk regularly on the street, so please travel slowly down our horse & carriage designed road.
If you choose to take a taxi, Uber, Lyft, or other ride share program, please understand that it may be difficult to find a driver to take you home. We recommend coordinating your ride home prior to arriving on the farm.
Smoking is permitted in the parking lot, only.
Well behaved and supervised children are welcome at the winery. We do not have a playground, petting zoo, or kid specific activities, but children tend to enjoy their day on our farm.
We do not accept reservations. If all of the tables are taken, you may wait for the next available table. You are also welcome to bring your own blankets/chairs to enjoy food and drinks on the lawn.
We encourage you to bring cash with you to our farm, as some bars are cash only.
- Outside food, beverages, and coolers are prohibited.
- You are welcome to bring blankets or chairs, but no outside food/drinks.
- Steer clear of “employees only,” “no visitors,” fenced off areas, the pond, chickens, and horses.
- Wear appropriate footwear & watch your step.
- (Ground is uneven and is slippery when wet)
- Bees and wasps are present, so please take appropriate precautions.
- Drive less 5mph in parking lots and on farm roads.
- Be mindful of the cars and tractors.
- Watch your children at all times.
- No climbing trees, no throwing apples, no touching the animals, or dismantling walls.
- We have a zero-tolerance policy for stealing (this includes apples).
- We have surveillance cameras throughout the farm. Sadly, we are forced to call the police on thieves regularly.
We offer case discounts, but they must be redeemed in the tasting room store.
Apple season runs from Labor Day Weekend through Halloween (sometimes earlier or later depending upon weather and apple availability).
How Apple Picking Works:
- Purchase an apple bag via our website, in the tasting room, or at the outdoor apple bar.
- ½ bushel bag is $30 and holds approximately 20-25lbs of apples.
- Included in the bag price is a complimentary tractor ride for up to 4 people per bag.
- Additional tractor rides may be purchased separately for $3 per person per ride.
- Note: Tractor rides are only available on Saturday & Sunday.
- Walk or take a tractor ride to the orchard.
- Only apple pickers are permitted in the orchard.
- To pick an apple, simply twist the apple and gently pull. If it is ripe, it will fall into your hand.
- Taste & Enjoy
Orchard Hours: Monday – Sunday: 11am to 5pm
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to stay up-to-date on seasonal product availability, discounts, festivals, musical performances, menu updates, apple availability, etc.
- We are open all year round. However, September 12th – October 20th is the busiest time of the year. If you want to come apple picking on a quiet day, we advise you to come on a weekday, or early in September or late in October.
- Arrive at 11am to ensure that you have a minimal wait and are able to secure a table.
- Do your wine tasting first to determine what you want to drink for the day
- Order your lunch immediately after you do your wine tasting,
- Bring cash.
- Wear comfortable shoes and sunblock.
- Buy your wine in one purchase with your friends by the case for maximum discounts.
- Secure your transportation to and from the winery prior to coming. If you are driving, establish a designated driver.